Posts Tagged ‘Hypercholesterolemia’
HOW TO COOK AND SEASON?
- Avoid excessively fatty food preparations as casseroles, stews, fries, breaded and battered.
- Preferred irons, grills, roasts (oven, wrapper), microwave, cooking in water (steam, boil, poach).
- To make it more palatable food or in case of need to reduce the salt can be used various seasonings: basil, fennel, cumin, tarragon, bay leaf, thyme, oregano, parsley, pepper, paprika.
- In the preparation of certain dishes can use low-calorie margarine, commercially available with 50% less fat than normal equivalent.
- Vinegar and oil (olive and seeds) can be marinated with herbs.
- In the preparation of sauces, wine or other alcoholic beverages as an ingredient can flambé tastiest variety of recipes. Read the rest of this entry »
Which one is better, olive oil or seed oils (sunflower, soybean, corn …)?
Olive oil, for its richness in monounsaturated fatty acids and other healthful substances with antioxidant (phytosterols and vitamin E) has the ability to increase the so-called good cholesterol (HDL) and likewise, prevents oxidation of the so-called bad cholesterol ( LDL-C) primarily responsible for the formation of plaque in artery walls promoting the development of arteriosclerosis.
Unlike previous seed oils are rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids, with equally healthy properties. Have the property of decreasing levels of total cholesterol and triglycerides, and also decreases blood viscosity, thereby reducing the risk of thrombus formation. However, do not protect as effectively against oxidation of the so-called bad cholesterol (LDL-C). Read the rest of this entry »
Here are dietary recommendations for hypercholesterolemia
- Achieve or maintain a healthy weight through adequate intake of calories.
- Distribute meals in divided doses, as a fractional power positively influences the level of blood lipids.
- It is necessary to limit:
- Organs or offal: liver, kidneys, brains, etc.
- Seafood: Squid and shrimp.
- Meat products: Sausages fat, foie gras and pates, sausages and burgers trade, etc.
- Reduce consumption of saturated fat and cholesterol: Read the rest of this entry »