Archive for the ‘Liposuction’ Category
With today’s looks-based society, it is no wonder that more and more people are considering liposuction as a “quick-fix” for weight loss. But is liposuction a safe alternative to gradual weight loss that is achieved by following a healthy diet and exercise program?
Liposuction has probably been considered by anyone who has suffered from excess fat around the hips, abdomen, and upper thighs. Those who suffer from obesity should be aware that liposuction is not a safe option. In fact, the majority of cosmetic surgeons will not perform liposuction on someone who is severely overweight.
The major hindrances to liposuction are the liposuction price. However, the quality of lipo procedures should be taken into account before the liposuction costs. Liposuction costs can run anywhere between $1,500 per area to $7,000 per area. Choosing an inexpensive lipo procedure may cost more in the long run if the lipo procedure is done improperly. Then, another surgeon must be used to repair the damage.
Side effects of liposuction can include:
- bruising of the treated area
- numbness and discomfort of the treated area
- infection of the treated area
- blood clots that could result in death
It is important that anyone considering liposuction consult a licensed and board-certified plastic surgeon prior to beginning treatment.
If the person hoping to lose weight is more than 10-20 pounds over their ideal weight, then liposuction is not an option. In fact, those who do have a liposuction procedure performed are told that they must adhere to a healthy diet after the procedure in order to maximize the success of the surgery.
The major drawback to a healthy diet and exercise program is the amount of time it takes. There really is no “quick-fix” to losing weight. The weight was not put on overnight and it will not disappear overnight. However, you do not need to worry about say abdominal liposuction cost for example, if you choose loosing weight the natural way.
When considering losing weight by following a healthy diet, the following must be taken into account:
- determine the amount of weight needed to be lost in order to determine the amount of calories to be consumed.
- determine the amount of exercise to be done. Those who balance a healthy diet with consistent exercise will lose their weight more rapidly than those who diet alone.
A healthy diet should consist of:
- protein from lean meats or lean dairy or nuts and legumes
- fiber from fresh fruits and vegetables
- a balanced diet of both protein and carbohydrates
Plenty of water should be consumed in order to maintain a well-hydrated body.
Many people, after losing weight with a healthy diet then turn to liposuction in order to trim up specific areas that may not have responded well to weight loss.